20120826

☼✌✦ we don't wag our tails for ANYB☺DY ✦✌☾〮〮



so last week's challenge for POTENTIALCOMIX was to redraw a page from an existing comic, but to alter the events of one panel.
i pretty much decided on Taiyo Matsumoto's TEKKONKINKREET right away, as it's been my biggest source of inspiration since forever?? it embodies pretty much everything i've ever wanted to achieve with my own work, and it holds a really important place in my heart (well, it pretty much has a hold on all of my heart..) IT SHOULD BE REQUIRED READING.
anything of Taiyo Matsumoto's still continues to leave me in utter awe and admiration. everything he does just WORKS.
he's forever my comicshero.

THATBEINGSAID,
i decided to start redrawing some of my favourite pages from tekkonkinkreet.
redrawing just one of his pages has already taught me A LOT and i'm hoping i can learn more about comics and drawing and just STUFF by studying his work.
doing these redraws i reallytruly feel just how far ahead and completely unreachable he is, which is REALLYSCARYTOME, but at the same time, it feels a little less impossible.
comics are intimidating, trying to do justice to the work of your alltimefavouritehero is intimidating, but it's a learning process!! i hope.


✦✦✦ 9646CATS.TUMBLR.COM ✦✦✦

if you're interested in redrawing pages from tekkonkinkreet, JOIN ME. :>
let's learn 2gether!!!

everything reads
>>> LEFT TO RIGHT >>>
( clicking the pages will bring you to the tumblr page, where you can see them a little larger! )


volume 1 page 18
altered panel challenge for Potential Comix
(you can see the original HERE)


volume 1 page 70
(you can see the original HERE)

be happy be happy!

3 comments:

  1. Can I just say you are so awesome!! omg so inspiring *O*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join you in drawing Tekkon Kinkreet, but you don't consider me to be a part of your cool crowd.

    ReplyDelete